Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Genevieve- from negative to positive

It has been quite some time since I have 1. stamped or 2. uploaded anything to the blog. I have taken on my new role as stamp designer with Gina K. Designs and I am thrilled to be back in the craft room - designing and stamping with the new stamps. Although I am not ready to reveal my new set yet, it is very fun to play with and I hope you will love it. Right now, we are in the midst of summer swimming and I took some time to stamp a card for my daughter Genevieve's 5th birthday (TODAY!). It would have been my Mother-in-law's birthday as well, but she passed away 13 years ago next month. I love that Genevieve and Joan share this special day. I know my mother-in-law would have ADORED all my children (Sadly, she only met Karen)...but would have been tickled pink to share her special day with my little lady!

This is a very simple card - I ran the (retired SU!) cardstock through my big shot with a butterfly die. I placed some patterned paper behind the negative image and added some buttons. I stamped the sentiment in the lower corner and adhered the negative image to the same color card base.


       


Stayed tuned to this blog for more announcements about my happenings with Gina K. Designs. I am thrilled to be the proud owner of a Silhouette Cameo. Did you see the {VIDEO} that Gina uploaded to StampTV the other day? I am excited to get started with mine! Do you have the cameo?


I am off to make a birthday cake and get ready for a swim meet tonight with all six kids.
  












paper: retired Stampin Up! and DCWV designer paper
ink: chocolate chip
misc: dimensionals, butterfly die, buttons

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover