Friday, March 27, 2015

Delicate Damask Mini Hop

My oldest two daughters are attending a France Peace Program [exchange], where they get to go stay in the outskirts of Paris early next month! I could not be more jealous supportive [ha ha].  They are visiting many historical sites and museums, and they have to keep a journal, so I purchased these Kraft cover journals at Staples last month.  I stamped with my Damask set along with Lots of Letters [karen, paris 2015] and Fleur de lis!  I made a similar one for Victoria in green and white with the damask and fleur de lis!  There is a ribbon that is attached to the journal which secures a pen!


 there are two little pockets in the front which can store their museum tickets, their receipts and their treasures!  The trip of a lifetime with some of their best friends! 




When I think of a new stamp design, I like to see if the concepts can go together.  Obviously the fleur de lis and damask flow nicely together. But can I pair it with something as extreme as a halloween set? I think it works.  I took the orange base and stamped it with the line of damask images to create a great background. Reminds me of wallpaper or a couch!  The main image is from Wicked - as is the sentiment.  I heat embossed it with gold and added a gem to the candelabra. It was yellow, so I colored it with a spectrum noir marker! 


I really hope you love the Delicate Damask set!


I love all of your feedback on my clean and simple style.  Starting next week, I will be making a regular blog posts with a CAS style card.  I hope to make this a regular feature - to give you some ideas on how to use your new and old stamps, to create cards that have a clean and simple flair!

Stop by Monday at 9 for the first CAS Monday on my blog!



all items from Gina K. Designs unless otherwise noted




2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are awesome projects Beth! Hugs! Sean

Turner Kane said...

This was lovelly to read

Pin It button on image hover