Monday, May 15, 2017

Gina K Designs –Fun with Fabulous Foil-Mates Blog Hop

Hi everyone! Gina K and the team have received such amazing feedback on the new Foil-Mates, Fancy Foils and dies that we have decided to put together a special hop for you today! This blog hop is a blend of a video blog hop featuring tutorials from Gina K and a few members of the team and a traditional blog hop featuring beautiful cards from other members of the team. 

Over the past few weeks, the Foil-Mates products have been flying off the shelves at Gina K Designs. Please be assured that if they are out-of-stock, they will quickly be back on the shelves again soon. In fact, Gina just stocked the shelves with a fresh batch of Foil-Mates, Fancy Foils and dies and more will be on the way.

If you are new to Foil-Mates, they are used to step-up the shimmer and shine in your card projects! Creating cards is never more easy and beautiful when you work with this new line of foil products. From beautiful pre-printed Foil-Mates, to stunning colors of Fancy Foils, when you combine them together the outcome is stunning! Discover how many various combinations of different cards and invitations you are able to create with Gina’s Foil-Mates products. With many of Gina’s most popular signature colors now available in foil, coordinating with Gina K Designs card stock and ink has never been easier!

We would like to thank Therm O Web for being such a great partner in the Foil-Mates line of products.


Enjoy the gorgeous inspiration samples from the team and then comment on each blog. We will be selecting one lucky commenter at the end of the hop from a combination of all three days of comments and that person will win a $50 Gina K Designs gift certificate! To see who won, check the Big News Forum at StampTV a few days after the hop. Ready for some inspiration? 

Here are a few of the projects I have created for today’s hop:

I received by Deco-Foils while I was recuperating from surgery, so I was unable to participate in the first blog hop.  I have slowly gotten back into creating.  What I have learned is that deco-foils are amazing.  Imagine your husband (whom refers to your craft room as your CRAP room) saying "WOW! That's really cool", when you take the foiled images out of the laminator.  Yes, they are that amazing.  The other thing I learned is that they are really hard to photograph. The pictures do not to it justice!  Seriously! Apparently I was in a turquoise mood, so I forced myself to play with pink too! (twist my arm).  Here are the items which I created (with links on my sidebar to the stamp sets from Gina K. which I used on the projects). 

First card with the incredible turquoise sea deco-foil and card stock.  I used delicate damask stamps on the background and then foiled the sentiment with the turquoise sea foil. 



I don't know if this is legal in crafting corners, but this negative image sat in my scraps and I decided to use it (it's REALLY hard to photograph), but I think it looks really cool next to the turquoise sea deco-foil striped image



Here is some more of the turquoise sea deco-foil striped image next to the sentiment (which I left unfoiled). Pretty clean & simple.


This passionate pink deco foil on the True Friend sentiment (I am sorry, it is so hard to photograph).  I stamped the background with Fabulous Fleur De Lis.


Vicky mermaid looks perfect next to the polka party foiled in turquoise sea deco-foil.  She was colored with spectrum noir markers! 
I just love her, playing with sea flowers!  


Ready for more awesome creations?! Just click on the links below for more from Gina and the Cast & Crew:

==> ** Beth Silaika ** <==


Silke Ledlow


Don’t forget to pop over to the Gina K Designs Store and check out all of the new products available this month in the “What’s New” section at http://www.ginakdesigns.com.

Thank you for stopping by!

all items from Gina K. Designs unless otherwise noted




67 comments:

Julia Sandvoss said...

All of the cards are amazing...thanks for sharing these and for including our Deco Foil too!

Dawn S. said...

Such beautiful cards! I love this whole line of Foil Mates.

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome ideas Beth!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful cards, Beth! You totally rock CAS designs and I love how you used the new Foil-Mate collection!

Lisa K said...

Beautiful cards! Saw your post last week and expected a blog hop, so I was glad it is today. Love how you are using the negative parts of the foil. Neat how you show using all parts with many images.

Pam said...

Lovely cards! I really liked the striped strip.

Chris said...

Oh I love them all!! Beautiful!

El said...

All of the cards are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and inspiring us.

Jeanne Beam said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing...

Beverly Montez said...

These foil cards knock my socks off!

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! Great job.

Judy Inukai said...

Great cards. I really liked your use of the positive and negative foil pieces - waste not want not!

julie said...

The foil striped edges are fantastic!

Barb Thompson said...

Love the turquoise sea! I bought the stars and stripes foilmates and love how you used the stripes on the edge. Thanks for the inspiration!

Deb said...

Beautiful cards! Way to use up the negative space, LOVE it!

Laraine R said...

Beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards,rather you use a little or a lot of foil it really makes them stand out!

Adrienne said...

Thank you for the inspiration. I can't wait to get started.

LauraB said...

cute cards. love how you used the negative for a card. sure adds possibilities to projects.

Karen Hightower said...

Love all your creations Beth! Great use of foil mates! :) <3

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards, glad you are well enough to play!

Unknown said...

Pretty, especially love the negative image card!

Diana said...

Great cards, Beth! Love you show a negative image also, sometimes these turn out better than the original! And anyone that has tried to photograph Foil understands how hard it is to show how pretty they are!

smallcity said...

So pretty

Mary Kay Werry said...

Wonderful cards and great use of the foil elements.

Unknown said...

So awesome!!

Unknown said...

So many wonderful cards and so many wonderful ways to use the foil. Thanks

creative lady said...

Beth, love your cards. I love each card you accented with the foil, it really gives the cards definition.

Verna Angerhofer said...

What fantastic cards with the foil. I love all of them and am so anxious to make more foiled design myself now. I am saving every scrap as well as I know sometime down the line that scrap will be just a perfect addition to a card or project.

78nsb said...

Awesome cards. I love how you made them. :)

Retta said...

Beautiful cards, Beth! I love the tone on tone look. Can't wait to get my hands on the Turquoise Sea foil!!!!

Bea said...

Great cards and colors!

Roberta Eldridge said...

I love the various ways you added the foiling technique to create a wonderful focus point on each card!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Wow these cards are so pretty - thanks for sharing:)

Marilyn M. said...

Very pretty cards and my favorite color, teal! TFS!

lorikorpela said...

Great cards! I just love the shine!!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

These cards are awesome Beth!

Karen Lambert said...

Love the mermaid card

Unknown said...

Great inspiration

Unknown said...

Love all the new foiling options!!!

Kim said...

Love the new GK line of foils and designs. So fun to play with!

Marilyn M said...

What fabulous cards! Love the Foilmates!

Josie Cox said...

I love the use of the negative effect of the first card. Thanks for sharing all your talent and inspiration.

Robin said...

Great ideas. Pretty cards.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the idea that you used the negative and
positive sides of the foiling. Both
are fantastic. Blue is my favorite color
so you hit it out of the park.
thanks for sharing.

Gayle said...

Love the added touches of the foil elements on your cards and that beautiful turquoise sea words just as well using the negative.

Sandy said...

The foil adds so much to the cards! I love them.

Patty said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Beautiful!

Mcscrap said...

I love the foil look!

Natalie said...

Really cute cards! Love the colors.
natgodfrey4@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I love your cards... what a neat idea to use the negative pieces!

Joy Golinski said...

Such beautiful cards & turquoise is my favorite! Can't wait to play with my foil!

mary said...

Cute cards. Love the fact of using both the positive and negative sheet design

Judy said...

Your cards are simple and cute.

Crafty_ma_am said...

such fantastic ideas. they get my creative "juices" flowing.

Unknown said...

Cracking inspiration Beth!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

These are fabulous Beth! Love that you added some stamping in with them!

Linda said...

My style of a card. Simple and awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Aimee Phillips said...

Beautiful inspiration shared. Love the colors.

Sue Wareham said...

fantastic inspiration thanks for sharing

Sue D said...

Beautiful foiled creations!

Judy Woodland said...

My, oh my, oh my!!!! All your creations are simply amazing. Gorgeous colors and wonderful designs. Thanks so much for all the great inspiration!!

Sarah Biswabic said...

Your cards are so beautiful! I just love this foil.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the foil strips down the side!

Nana Griffin said...

All are lovely but my favorite is the True Friend card.

Sandy said...

Thanks for showing your foil scrap card. I saved mine but didn't know if it had to use it only on black or could use it on some other color. Thanks for sharing that, now I can try because I saved all my scraps.

Jeanne Beam said...

Beautiful cards. Love all of them!! Thanks for sharing.

Pin It button on image hover